Wednesday, November 19, 2014



One More In Line
Growing up I really had no hobbies to go do and dive right into. The only child in the family had to make believe and play by myself, and sometimes that got boring as I got older. I like to read comics and watch the movies and television shows that followed the comics. Which pretty much turned into all types of superhero fandom. Like; of course, you’re X Men, Batman, Spiderman, and all the others, but I also liked the ones that were bought over by other counties first. For instance Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
As a child growing up I would love to get home from school and turn the TV on to watch the power rangers and the other shows like it. Over the years watching all the movies, TV shows and reading the comics I wish there was something else I could do in this genre. I have heard about the comic cons before, but never looked into them and see what they were all about. Went online and found out that there was one coming to Austin in 3 months with some people I would love to meet and take a photo with.
So I bought my ticket and planned what all I wanted to do in order so I don’t miss a thing. It was the day of the con, got there early so I can get in line and be the first to see all I wanted and get everything I can possibly get. Not knowing what time it was due to the butterflies and anxious all going around me I got there way to early and was talking to a fellow attendee. He was helping me out, answering my question that I had.
The doors opened and I was like a kid in a candy store. Tons of people dressed in their cosplay outfits, ton of celebrities ready to meet their fans and take photos with. I did not know which line I wanted to get in first. I looked at the schedule to see what times all the celebrities where doing and where they would be at, and went from there taking all the photos I could.
I got to meet all the people I went there for, told some stories with them and got some back for what they do now and any upcoming events they might be in. Those three days made me one of the happiest person that I know.  Made some friends that I know that I will see at other cons all over.
Now with that being said. There are superheroes out there, people making you believe in doing the right thing, sticking up for someone who cannot, and helping all those around you. Some may believe that oh it is just a TV show or movie, they are out there and I got to meet several of them and got there photos to.

4 comments:

  1. Is that you with Stan Lee??? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Stan The Man Lee. I also got to sing happy birthday to him.

      Delete
  2. Holy Crap it's Stan Lee!! and excellent blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude thats awesome that you got to meet Stan Lee! The whole thing sounds awesome! I hope i get to go someday!

    ReplyDelete